August 27, 2017 - Sunday Morning Adult Class
- Series-- Matthew's Gospel: Christ the King
- Lesson: Matthew 8 - Jesus' Healing Ministry (Mt. 8:1-15)
- Slides - PDF opens in a new tab
- Video - opens in a new tab on our YouTube channel
- Audio (press the play button to begin)- This will take several seconds to load. Thanks for patience!
SUMMARY - “Jesus’ Healing Ministry” (Mt. 8:1-17) – Jesus came down from his position on the mountainside, and the crowd began to follow him. Some asked for healing, and one asked if Jesus “was willing.” Jesus healed a leper and many others. The idea of Jesus being willing is a strong theme. Jesus healed a leper and many others. Next, He went into Capernaum where He met a centurion (a Gentile and a Roman soldier). This man respected authority, which introduces us to another of Matthew’s themes, Jesus’ authority. Notice that Jesus acknowledges the faith of the centurion and contrasts it to the “little-faith ones” in the Jewish listeners. Jesus healed many others. We can learn several lessons from Jesus’ healing, including His willingness to heal us, His authority over us, His concern for all people, and His example of caring for others (their belief aside).