September 10, 2017 - Sunday Morning Adult Class
- Series-- Matthew's Gospel: Christ the King
- Lesson: Matthew 8 - The Cost of Following Jesus (Mt. 8:18-34)
- Slides - PDF opens in a new tab
- Video - opens in a new tab on our YouTube channel
- Audio (press the play button to begin)- This will take several seconds to load. Thanks for patience!
SUMMARY - What does it mean to “follow Jesus”? The word “disciple” means follower. How do we follow someone we cannot see? Curtis invokes the image of a doctor followed by his interns as they do rounds in a hospital. Another theme in Matthew is Jesus’ trips in a boat to cross the sea of Galilee. One such crossing was Peter’s attempt to walk on water. Next week we will look more closely at the idea of following Jesus.