- September 20, 2017
- Series: A Study of the Book of James
- List of all lessons/dates in this series (pdf opens in new tab)
- Lesson 2- Encouraged During Trials (James 1:1-12)
- No Slides were used in this presentation
- Video (opens in a new tab on our YouTube channel)
- Audio (press play button to begin)
Summary: Joe Widner substituted for Curtis (who was officiating at the funeral of Brandon Allmon). This is the first lesson in the text of James. Probably, the book was written by the James who was Jesus’ brother. Another brother of Jesus wrote an epistle, Jude. The letter begins with a response to the fact that the readers are undergoing trials and tribulations. James urges them to take courage and to value the wisdom that can come from enduring trouble. How do we get that wisdom? James says to ask God for it. Wisdom is secured by handling trials with our faith intact.