May 7, 2017 - Sunday Morning Adult Class
- Series-- Matthew's Gospel: Christ the King
- Lesson 19: Sermon on the Mount--More than Pharisees (Matt. 5)
- Slides - PDF opens in a new tab
- Video - Opens in new tab on our YouTube channel
- Audio (press the play button to begin)- This will take several seconds to load. Thanks for patience!
Summary: More Than Pharisees. (Mt. 5) – Jesus continued the Sermon on the mount by exerting his authority in knowledge and understanding of the law. He challenged the interpretation of several specifics of the law by the Pharisees and the Sadducees (two Jewish sects). Jesus provided examples of God’s supreme law and how it surpasses what He originally provided in the Old Testament now that the time has come for deeper understanding. For example, Jesus discusses how to deal with anger. The lesson ends with Jesus’ instruction that relationships between brothers should be reconciled before making an offering.