May 28, 2017 - Sunday Morning Adult Class
- Series-- Matthew's Gospel: Christ the King
- Lesson 22: Sermon on the Mount: Eye for Eye (Matthew 5:38-42)
- Slides - PDF opens in a new tab
- Video - Opens in new tab on our YouTube channel
- Audio (press the play button to begin)- This will take several seconds to load. Thanks for patience!
Summary: The sermon on the Mount stands in contrast to the old law of an eye for an eye. We are to turn our cheek, demonstrating Jesus’ values. Curtis delves into the illustration of going the second mile and implications underlying the well-known phrase.