June 11, 2017 - Sunday Morning Adult Class
- Series-- Matthew's Gospel: Christ the King
- Lesson 24: Sermon on the Mount: Love Our Enemies (Mt. 5:43-48)
- Slides - PDF opens in a new tab
- Video - Opens in new tab on our YouTube channel
- Audio (press the play button to begin)- This will take several seconds to load. Thanks for patience!
Summary: We are told to pray for our enemies, an approach that is different from Psalms. Note that persecution for the church in the 1st century was a life situation per Matthew 10:23. We must also guard against feeling “entitled or deserving” of the reward mentioned. It is a gift of grace to those who strive to do God’s will. Matthew warns against being motivated by love of praise of men, pointing out in chapter 6 that motivation counts more than anything else. Next week, we will consider that in more detail.