- September 27, 2017
- Series: A Study of the Book of James
- List of all lessons/dates in this series (pdf opens in new tab)
- Lesson 3- Encouraged During Temptations (James 1:10-18)
- Slides (pdf opens in a new tab)
- Video (opens in a new tab on our YouTube channel)
- Audio (press play button to begin)
Summary: We could call the book of James “the Proverbs of the New Testament” in that James gives wise guidance. This passage discusses a Christian’s experience with temptation and echoes Mark 16:15-16. A believer is someone who accepts as truth God’s existence and his revealed word. James directs us to be “lowly”—meaning someone willing to be taught, and he tells us that God will raise us up from this lowly state. God never asks us to do wrong (tempts us).